Monday 31 March 2008

April fool........ tomo! wonder if this anxiety is all a joke LOL



What a glorious day... I honestly could have got the barbie out (if i had one LOL)...... been a bit down past few days as I aint got a penny... but you know what iv'e never been so busy making everything we eat from scratch.... I havn't bought one processed product since being broke! I make everything... it's cheaper and good for chilling out, cooking abd baking! the only thing is I could do with a hobbit or somot to help with the washing up... I need a dishwasher! (other than Paul)...well it's April fool tomorrow and I am usually the family's biggest prankster...last yr I faked a letter that Paul had been called for human experimentation in Sheffield hospital...he he.... and that his head may swell but they would be giving him 300 quid for the 3 weeks in hospital... he was crapping himself and going mad!!!
LOL ... I really had him.... then another time I rang all of my family and freinds and told them if they rang Morrisons ( I had the number from Yellow paged ready) and told em to say..... "CLUCK CLUCK ....... TURKEY PROMOTIONS" that the person on the other end of the line would know what you were on about and you would win a free turkey and the trimmings for Easter....... so they did... and about 20 people were blocking the switchboard of Retford morrisons!!! I am still laughing about that one...Ohhhh Ive done allsorts I love it!!!!! No one EVER gets me but I am on me gaurd!...... so tonight get thinking of a good un....it aint half satisfying!!! Am I a nasty cow? LOL dont answer that one xxx

The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest In 1957 the respected BBC news show Panorama announced that thanks to a very mild winter and the virtual elimination of the dreaded spaghetti weevil, Swiss farmers were enjoying a bumper spaghetti crop. It accompanied this announcement with footage of Swiss peasants pulling strands of spaghetti down from trees. Huge numbers of viewers were taken in. Many called the BBC wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti tree. To this the BBC diplomatically replied that they should "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best."
~~~~~~~~
In 1962 there was only one tv channel in Sweden, and it broadcast in black and white. The station's technical expert, Kjell Stensson, appeared on the news to announce that, thanks to a new technology, viewers could convert their existing sets to display color reception. All they had to do was pull a nylon stocking over their tv screen. Stensson proceeded to demonstrate the process. Thousands of people were taken in. Regular color broadcasts only commenced in Sweden on April 1, 1970
~~~~~~~~~
In 1998 Burger King published a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing the introduction of a new item to their menu: a "Left-Handed Whopper" specially designed for the 32 million left-handed Americans. According to the advertisement, the new whopper included the same ingredients as the original Whopper (lettuce, tomato, hamburger patty, etc.), but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for the benefit of their left-handed customers. The following day Burger King issued a follow-up release revealing that although the Left-Handed Whopper was a hoax, thousands of customers had gone into restaurants to request the new sandwich. Simultaneously, according to the press release, "many others requested their own 'right handed' version."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you taking the mick about the hobbit doin the washing up! lol....coz i aint doin it!xx

Rachel's Diary said...

lol.... thought you might read it lol....love it...april fool to u ... xxxxx

coffeecup said...

Lol Rachel, that was good. Really enjoyed your post. I'm still here. Had some 'stuff' to deal with. Thanks for asking about me, you know you are quite wonderful.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Can i have a right handed Whopper please! Fantastic!
You can't beat good old home made food! Keep it up Rach xxx

fungalena said...

Wot did you say - YOU DONT GET CAUGHT OUT - you big fibber.... you foned me in Donny and I said that Brian had packed his holdall and left. You were sucked in for a moment wasn't you? - Soz bout me Humber Bridge Construction fallin on ur skull.... Thats wot the NIX n KNOWLES Boss told me about me MDF Constructions anyway....lol So you dont like the word ...MDF ?MDF....MDF....MDF......oooooooooooooh MDF x x x x

fungalena said...

MDF MDF MDF MDF MDF

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Identify the reservoir and explain how to deal with keep watch over the level.